Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
So far in AY1516…
- Center of Excellence in Signal Image Processing inaugurated
- MoU Signed with IIT, Roorkee for student internship, etc.
- We give QIP, TEQIP, COE, and Vishveshwaraiyya scholarships for Ph.D.
- 4 Institute open electives (out of total 8) are offered by our department
- 8 M.Tech. students are doing Internship in various industries such as Synopsis, Seagate, SoCtronics, etc.
- 2 industry personnel (Mr. Rajiv Mantri and Mr. Sridhar Chakravarti) are conducting classes of M.Tech.(ES&VLSI)
- 100 is the total number of people who conduct theory classes or practicals
- 61 placement offers so far (as on 30th Sept., 2015) in AY1516
- TCS selected 57 students from our department in AY1516
- MoU Signed with Eklaksha VLSI R&D Centre
- 47 completed Ph.D. plus 52 ongoing Ph.D. making a total of 99
- One day workshop on Industry Institute Interaction and Partnership in Embedded and VLSI Domain conducted on 4th August, 2015
- Industry Participants: Mr. Vivek Pawar (Sankalp), Mr. Pradeep Dharne (APM), Mr. Sachin Pathak (Mentor Graphics), Mr. Ravi Boonapalli (Mentor Graphics), Mr. DVR Murthy (SocTronics), Mr. Gangadhar Gude (Invecas), Mr. Shivraj Dharne (Intel), Mr. Shivraj Thakare (Intel), Mr. Vishwas Kurundkar (Eklakshya), Mr. Rajiv Mantri (Eklakshya), Mr. Satish Deshpande (Eklakshya)
- MoU Signed with Mentor Graphics, Inc. Under Higher Education Program (HEP)
- Rajesh H. Asutkar, student of B.Tech. (EXTC), attended HGS-HIRe Summer Student Programme at GSI HelmHoltz Heavy Ion Research, Germany during July 19, 2015 to September 11, 2015 with full funding
- 2-week AICTE FDP was organised on “Multirate signal Processing and Wavelets” during29-Jun-15to 10-Jul-15by Dr. Y. V. Joshi
- Experts: Prof. S. C. Dutta Roy, Prof. R.K. Patney, Prof. V. M. Gadre, Prof S.D. Joshi, Prof A.S. Abhyankar